Information about AndCAD
This is our information page for AndCAD. The first mobile CAD (Computer Aided Drafting) solution available for Android powered mobile devices.
News & Updates:
February 9, 2011 - AndCAD 1.8 - Released to public with dimensioning tools and direct input. See 'Changelog' for more information.
October 23, 2010 - AndCAD 1.7.5 - Released to public with new tools and other changes. See 'Changelog' for more information.
October 1, 2010 - AndCAD 1.7 - Released to public with new tools and other changes. See 'Changelog' for more information.
July 28, 2010 - AndCAD 1.6.1 - Released to public with DXF import improvements and other changes. See 'Changelog' for more information.
June 30, 2010 - AndCAD 1.5 - Released to public with new features and new drawing methods. See 'Changelog' for more information.
April 16, 2010 - AndCAD 1.0 - Initial release to the public.
March 23, 2010 - Talon Designs LLP debuts AndCAD at the AT&T Open Call contest, and wins Android category (more information).
This application allows users to create simple geometric shapes, combined with notes, to describe plans associated with the art, architecture, engineering and manufacturing industries.
Many of the tools familiar to CAD users are incorporated into this utility, meaning that fluent CAD users will feel right at home using this tool.
The interface for this tool is simple enough for even the most novices of users to understand.
This simplicity gives novice CAD users the ability to take notes while on a job site and associate them with vector elements within the drawing.
This tool is the perfect addition for contractors, interior designers, insurance adjusters, or any other profession that may have the need to take notes, or measurements while in the field.
Scan or Tap Above
• Built for Android 1.6 and greater
• Vector based CAD drafting application
• Built in help system
• Unlimited drafting/drawing area
• Support for full layer capabilities
• Image "underlay" option
• DXF Export (Currently in BETA)
• DXF Import (Currently in BETA)
• Standard geometric drafting tools include:
- Basic Shape Objects: Line, Circle, Rectangle, 3 Point Arc
- Annotative Objects: Text Objects, Note Fields
- Drafting Modes: Orthographic, Isometric, Snapping, Customizable Grid
- Common Operations: Undo, Redo, Erase, Select, Object Painter, Pan, Zoom
- Dedicated Key overrides (if desired)
- Measuring Tools
- Direct Input
• Easy to use for both CAD and non CAD users
• Context sensitive tips (Status Area)